- General Assembly PTO Meeting: Mar 22 at 9:30 am
- Early Release: Apr 6
- Festival of Cultures: Apr 8
- Good Friday, No School: Apr 14
Festival of Cultures - Call for Volunteers!
The annual Conant & Douglas Festival of Cultures is quickly approaching. We are looking forward to another international extravaganza on Saturday evening, April 8th at RJ Grey Jr. High. What do you have to look forward to this year? Many families have signed up to be Ambassadors, representing various countries from all over the world. The cultural performance put on by students will be one of the best yet! We have performances from US, Ireland, India, Nepal, China and Korea!! Don't forget about the international pot luck with homemade contributions from attending families.
This event cannot be a success without your help. If you plan to attend, please volunteer a portion of your time that evening to help run this event smoothly. It's also a great opportunity for the jr high and high school students to earn their community hours!! You can see the volunteer opportunities and sign up at
Don't forget to mark your calendars for this exciting annual event. We look forward to seeing you there!
The forms went home on Friday with your child. If you are interested, return the filled forms by March 24th. The game is on April 10, 2017 at 7:30 pm
Ice Cream Social - Thank You note
A very big and heartfelt thank you to the entire Conant Community for making the Ice Cream Social such a success! It is always such a delight to see and hear the joy of the children as they go around the school trying to win a cake, getting their face painted or the eagerness of waiting to see if a raffle was won.
We would like to take this time to thank all those who helped make this event another big hit for Conant.
A very big thank you.....
- To Mrs. Hodsdon, the teacher chair, for all her efforts and enthusiasm in organizing this event
- To the principal Mr. Sugrue, the vice-principal Mrs. Dressler and the office staff for all their help, support and patience
- To ALL the teachers and staff who helped at the event
- To the Classroom Raffle gifts coordinator Ezili Mayo-Joseph and Michelle Manchanda for taking on the fragile job of organizing the awesome classroom pottery and for running the raffles!
- To Jane Archer and her team of volunteers for successfully running the first "used book sales"
- To Pam Nelson for helping with the Conant logo item sales
- To Shijesta Victor, the volunteer coordinator, for posting all our blurbs on the newsflash and for sending out our emails via room parents
- To Jing Zhang, our web master for honoring all our website upload requests.
- To all the gift-coordinators for organizing the classroom pottery gifts.
- To Debi Diduca, Conant's kitchen manager and her husband, who helped us immensely with the ice cream orders and setup during the event
- To the many, many parent volunteers for ALL your help & support before and during the event.
- To all the student volunteers who helped with the face painting, selling pizzas, serving ice creams,....
- And last but not the least, Jim and Rob, for bringing Conant back in shape for school on Monday!
With much gratitude,
Beth Ali and Rashmi Muralidhar
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
To all volunteers, Parents and Teachers, to everyone that contributed to the success of Conant's 2017 Ice Cream Social, scooping ice cream, selling tickets, running musical chairs, face painting, baking cakes, going the extra trip to the store to buy cakes ;), cleaning up afterwards, bringing your children and buying raffle tickets, and so many other ways you all cooperated to make this a successful Conant event. Thank you!
Special thanks to Beth Ali and Rashmi Muralidhar for making this happen.
(Proud to be) Conant PTO president
Annual Giving Update
We have received $16635 from 127 families so far. We also got an additional $2696 through matching contributions via employers. PTO fundraising activities have resulted in $14120. Thank you!
We need to raise $10550 more. We need your help to get there. You can find the donation form here, or pay online here. If you have already contributed, please check with your employer if they have a matching contribution plan. Contact us if you have any questions!
Message from the School Nurse
Does your family have a plan in case of fire? Do you know what to do?
Shriners Hospital Burn Awareness campaign includes activity books for children, information on basic home safety for adults and educational videos for the entire family. Here is the link.
I think it is very important to be knowledgeable and for your family to be able to calmly work out a plan. We have fire drills in school. They are used to that so talking with your children about safety should not create worry.
Grade 4 reminder:
As per state regulation 105 CMR 200.100, we are required to have a current physical every 3-4 years (annually for those with life threatening allergies). There are many fourth graders for whom we do not have a current physical. Please send a copy of the most recent exam to the Conant School Nurses. If you would like us to check if you have already sent one, just give us a call or send an email. Thank you!
I am looking forward to springtime!
Here's a great way to help support Conant PTO by shopping online! Simply log on to eScrip.com & enter Conant Elementary PTO.
Support our PTO with every Amazon purchase you make! Click here
to login to your usual Amazon account. Amazon will pay 0.5% of each purchase to the Conant PTO.
If you volunteer at school, please make sure your CORI is up to date. The application should have been filed after February 1st, 2015. Application forms are available at the school front office.
Please stay in touch. You can update your email address or add a new one on the Conant School PTO website. We have updated our distribution list to include parents who signed up for Newsflash recently. If you think you are getting this in error, please contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) or click on the unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
Please email any information that you would like included in the weekly Newsflash to email@example.com
by Thursday evening. If you have a great picture taken at Conant School and would like it to feature in the Newsflash, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristin Kenny, Elise Calisi, Lin Zhang, Shijesta Victor